Sorry I went MIA! I didn’t mean to be gone so long but you know how that goes.
Continuing with my mini home makeover, I’m tackling all the things in my house that I have painted black. After we moved into this house in 2007, if something sat still long enough, it got painted black. Looking around my house now, I’m determined to brighten things up!
If you love polka dots (who doesn’t) and lots of color you will love the dresser in my entry now!
You can also see in the after picture my new wall color by Valspar which is Gray Silt. I love it! Ok I will be back soon with more progress!
Ok so I went with Valspar Gray Silt. (top left in the post below) I had narrowed it down to the Gray Silt or the color-match for Analytical Gray and decided on the Gray Silt so I bought the paint and brought it home. After it got dark that night I kept looking at the samples on the wall and thinking I made the wrong decision because at night the Gray Silt looked really dark and prison like. :/ Not good!
When you get paint mixed it says on the label non-refundable so I was thinking maybe I should mix some white with it to maybe lighten it up but that would probably end in disaster if I ran out of paint and needed more. So I just went with it and got to work, if I hated it I could always paint over it.
Turns out…I LOVE it!!! I’m finishing it up now and I will be back tomorrow with some pictures for you. I also may or may not have been drinking the chevron loving kool-aid! Aqua chevron curtains…yes please!
I painted my front door “Pottery Glaze” from Valspar and now I’m thinking about distressing it but not sure yet. I guess I will give it a few weeks and see if I still want to.
I’m also trying to pick a lighter gray for my living/dining/hall area.
The bottom three pretty much look to be the same color. I’m kind of thinking either one of the top ones or the first bottom one on the left. The top left one is Valspar Gray Silt and the right is Valspar Smoked Oyster. The bottom left one is a Lowe’s color match for Sherwin Williams Analytical Gray.
Wow, it has been a while! I have lots to talk about (lucky you) and I think I’m ready to be back! So much has happened since I was here last…infertility, loss, pregnancy, my baby turning 1, career changes, home changes, and much more!
After spiraling into some slight depression after multiple miscarriages I quit being crafty and quit decorating. But, here I am on the other side of things with a baby girl now. Her name is Piper and she is the light of my life. Since having her I have become a SAHM and I’m starting to feel my old self coming back. Even just in the past week the urge has grown so strong to be creative that I can fight it no longer and I’m excited to get things looking cute around here!
In the past 3 years my house has become a cluttered hodge podge of decor and it isn’t pretty, let me tell you! I’m home so much more now that I have plenty of time to stare at these walls and see the changes I want made. Today is the the day, the first day of getting things the way I want them around here. My style has changed alot in the past few years and so lots of things in my house are no longer welcome here!
Well I guess I will go get to work now and get you some before/after pics too!
Before I go though let me introduce you to my sunshine, my joy, and my world!
two light fixtures in my kitchen since we moved in 3 years ago.
When I spotted this chandelier at Pottery Barn I wanted it!!! But I had a problem…I needed 2 and they were $199 each! So I decided I would try to replicate the chandy myself. Here is what I started with. They were majorly ugly but the price was right at $5 each at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
Sorry the picture is sideways I tried to fix it but it wouldn’t save. GRR!
Anyways……I started by removing that star thing and then I went to my trusty old best friend, spray paint.
For the vine type things I just used green floral wire and spray painted it also.
After both were dry I just twisted the floral wire onto the chandy like so.
Then for the buds I attached clear beads to the wire.